Just a quick note to let you know we are now running this blog, as well as several others, using WordPress version 3.0. It is a significant improvement for those interested in managing multiple blogs.
The WordPress multi-user function allows you to offer anyone in your company an opportunity to sign up for a new blog. They will be able to securely manage their content and settings without affecting any other users. In fact, you can have unlimited users with unlimited blogs.
Also, we can set it up so users have various roles (administrator, editor, author, contributor, subscriber) on other blogs hosted on your website. One or more Site Administrators can perform site-wide management tasks, including adding users and blogs, altering permissions and granting access to one or numerous themes.
- Team websites with multiple contributors (company blogs and/or websites)
- Company’s with multiple target markets or product/service lines
Open source software such as WordPress, when used as a content management system (CMS), allows businesses to increase profits by using web technology more effectively. In short, you can:
- Increase your marketing exposure online while lowering your over-head
- Leverage technology and spend less time on the web
- Get better marketing results, and
- Get your time back to do the things you do best (like play golf or spend more time with your family).
Let us know if you need some help setting one up for your business – contact AIM Custom Media.